Friday, January 4, 2008



what happened I'm not sure I enjoyed a day of taking down the tree and decorations the pixie/elf's are tucked away till next year. I baked a tuna casserole, and got some laundry done. had a nice fire in the fireplace through the evening and when things wound down and the fire had died down. my 19 yr old son and his GF were upstairs playing video games, husband called and picked me up to go 4 blocks to visit a friend, maybe 15 min later his cell rings and it's our neighbor saying to get home-the house was on fire. we jumped in the car and turned the corner to see fire trucks and flashing lights and smoke. OMG the kids the pets?? all ok and safe at the neighbors. that was the night before last, I'm still in a daze we found a motel that allowed pets and here we are. husband and I met with insurance guy and contractor yesterday they said it will be a month till we are back home. Our sweet home we love it and want it fixed. The kids and pets are safe and sound. I'm so thankful for that.

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear of your fire. At least none of your family or pets were injured. I hope there was not too much smoke or water damage to your posessions. I guess that kind of damage is very hard to fix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMY!! I'm glad you're all right! I'll say a prayer that you can get back in your home soon. Our neighbor had a fire last year. He is in construction so he completely redid his house and it is gorgeous. It doesn't make up for the possessions he lost though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the good thoughts and well wishes rochelle r. and she'ssewpretty.

    ReplyDelete