Wednesday, May 2, 2007

smiling faces






This was as fun to make as it is to look at- I decoupaged quilt batting onto Styrofoam balls, I stuck them on a wood skewer to dry and used felt clippings as features. The hats and scarf's are made from cuffs and sleeves of old sweaters. wired them on a greenery wreath added a bow, and got tons of compliments, go ahead ...try not to smile at these little faces. these make cute ornaments on the tree too.I know I know -it's not to early to think about the holidays especially when you make gifts to give, and when you recycle you have to keep your eyes open for great little finds so.. yard sales tag sales rummage sales and thrift stores, summer is the best time to find bargain fall and winter items and vise versa my motto is moth holes ?-stains ?-don't throw out that sweater, recycle it...... It's rainy this week so I have been working on several projects, and decoupage, so many ideas so little time. there are a few charity events coming up I want to have some good hand-crafted art donations, I have some sweater projects going I'll be posting pictures as I get them. I want a new camera soooo bad, I have my eye on one, time will tell. I love having my craft room organized, I love working there and a the pups love to hang in there with me.

2 comments:

  1. I love these guys!

    Rach showed me your suitcases and pails. I need all of them. Now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks-make some, you can do it.

    ReplyDelete