Thursday, February 8, 2018

Feb 8th ....

my daughters father became a alcholic when she was 3 or 4 , ( he got a job at the local Stag brewery and they promoted drinking at work for free ), this was 42 years ago , after a while nothing was more important than his addiction to alcohol , I struggled to keep us all together and became the bread winner while he became less reliable finally I had to protect my daughter and myself from the mood swings of his addiction and divorced ... - he blamed everyone but himself for his drinking . every member of his family including me and her ... his family blamed me . his attitude left an impression on her through out her life .  I  wish her  a good life   and much happiness    - her Birthday is  today  and  I hope her  day is  wonderful. .....................................Happy Birthday  Rachel  McPadden .



1 comment:

  1. OMG what a crazy situation that must have been we had some tough times growing up with various family members having drinking problems, the ugly temper that comes out in some people when they drink too much is really scary.. I still have a sister that struggles with her alcoholic dependency and at times has been so ugly to those that love her. Dear friend life can be so cruel... and full of heartbreaks... and heartaches but on some good music and let your beautiful soul shine...

    ReplyDelete